Dragonwell/Long Jing Tea is a perfectly balanced green tea which is pan-fried and has a distinctive flat appearance with an exquisite fragrance that has delighted tea connoisseurs for thousands of years.
Phoenix Dragonwell/Long Jing was carefully harvested and picked in April from Meijiawu, Zhejiang province, China. Packaged in a beautifully designed tin with a traditional Chinese pattern.
Origin: Menjiawu, Zhejiang Province, China
Leaf Type: Green Tea
Taste: Fresh and delicate
Harvesting Time: Between 15th-20th April 2013
Net Weight: 100g
Standard Steps for Brewing Chinese Green Tea
- Warm Up Tea Set: Use boiling water to warm the teapot and wash the tea set in preparation for tea
- Add Tea Leaves: choose 3g-5g of tea leaves depending on personal taste; For weaker tasting tea - Decrease the amount of tea leaves; For stronger tasting tea - Increase the amount of leaves
- ADD WATER: Use 150ml-200ml of water between the temperature of 75°c - 85°c (Preferably good spring water or filtered tap water)
- BREW TEA: Leave the first tea to brew anything between 25-30 seconds, each brew after leave to brew for a further 5-10 seconds
- ENJOY YOUR TEA: Once brewed, strain the infusion into the serving jug then pour as required into individual cups
The tea leaves can be brewed up to 4－6 times. Traditionally the 2nd and 3rd brews are the best.
Please note that these instructions are only a guide; adapt to your own personal preference.
Please click here for more information on Green Tea.
All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose or personally treat any medical condition or disease or prescribe any medication. If you have a medical condition you are urged to contact your personal health care provider. Statements on this website have not necessarily been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.