Gou Qi Zi, commonly known as Goji Berries, Chinese wolfberry or lycium barbarum fruits have been used for thousands of years as an anti aging tonic that is good for dry eyes and skin, thinning, grey hair and low vitality. Can be eaten daily.
Wolfberries contain many nutrients and phytochemicals including
- 11 essential and 22 trace dietary minerals
- 18 amino acids
- 6 essential vitamins
- 8 polysaccharides and 6 monosaccharides
- 5 unsaturated fatty acids, including the essential fatty acids, linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid
- beta-sitosterol and other phytosterols
- 5 carotenoids, including beta-carotene and zeaxanthin (below), lutein, lycopene and cryptoxanthin, a xanthophyll
- numerous phenolic pigments (phenols) associated with antioxidant properties
Select examples given below are for 100 grams of dried berries.
- Calcium. Wolfberries contain 112 mg per 100 gram serving, providing about 8-10% of the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI).
- Potassium. Wolfberries contain 1,132 mg per 100 grams dried fruit, giving about 24% of the DRI.
- Iron. Wolfberries have 9 mg iron per 100 grams (100% DRI).
- Zinc. 2 mg per 100 grams dried fruit (18% DRI).
- Selenium. 100 grams of dried wolfberries contain 50 micrograms (91% DRI)
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2). At 1.3 mg, 100 grams of dried wolfberries provide 100% of DRI.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C content in dried wolfberries has a wide range (from different sources) from 29 mg per 100 grams to as high as 148 mg per 100 grams (respectively, 32% and 163% DRI).
Wolfberries also contain numerous phytochemicals for which there are no established DRI values. Examples:
- Beta-carotene: 7 mg per 100 grams dried fruit.
- Zeaxanthin. Reported values for zeaxanthin content in dried wolfberries vary considerably, from 2.4 mg per 100 grams to 82.4 mg per 100 gramsto 200 mg per 100 grams.The higher values would make wolfberry one of the richest edible plant sources known for zeaxanthin content. Up to 77% of total carotenoids present in wolfberry exist as zeaxanthin.
- Polysaccharides. Polysaccharides are a major constituent of wolfberries, representing up to 31% of pulp weight.
Expire Date: August 2019 or later
JAMES WONG Grow Your Own Drugs Goji berry and chicken soup for colds
This product is also available in concentrated Granules.
To buy granules please click here.
Buy Phoenix authenticated dried herbs from us and you can be assured that you receive the highest quality authenticated dried herbs available anywhere in the world. This is because Phoenix cooperates with the most famous herbal pharmaceutical manufacturers to source only the best authenticated herbs from specific regions well known for those unique herbs.
Phoenix authenticated dried herbs are produced by the ShangHai Pharma and embody the DaoDi ®(道地) concept of being harvested in the right place at the right time, thoroughly screened for heavy metals and pesticide levels to ensure the stability of the medical material/substance. Phoenix Medical Ltd. is a RCHM approved supplier of Chinese herbs and cooperate with Kew – Royal Botanical Gardens and the British Pharmacopeia Working Group in their research through the supply of some of these botanicals.**Disclaimer All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose or personally treat any medical condition or disease or prescribe any medication. If you have a medical condition you are urged to contact your personal health care provider. Statements on this website have not necessarily been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.